The following are a list of webinars and readings to complement the discussion of “The Science We Have and The Science We Need: Internationalism in the Pandemic,” our own webinar, co-hosted by Ciencia para el Pueblo.
- Curated readings by the SftP COVID-19 Resources Working Group.
- Who Benefits From Corona? A Manifesto for the African People, Health of Mother Earth Foundation, April 2020 https://homef.org/resources/books/
- “The Coming Green Colonialism,” by Nnimmo Bassey, December 2019 https://nnimmobassey.net/2019/12/12/the-coming-green-colonialism/
Past & future webinars:
- Science for the People – Western Massachusetts on “Making Science Work for Social Justice.” Recordings, slides and handouts all archived here.
- Vijay Prashad, Tricontinental institute for Social Research on “CoronaShock: How the Socialistic Part of the World is Dealing with the Global Pandemic.” Solidarity across Distances website
- Tafadzwa Choto, Femi Aborisade, Gacheke Gachihi, Lena Anyuolo, Gyekye Tanoh and Heike Becker on “Africa and the Pandemic: Clampdown, Survival and Resistance.” Review of African Political Economy. http://roape.net/2020/05/14/africa-and-the-pandemic-clampdown-survival-resistance/
- Dr. Ivette Perfecto, Dr. John Vandermeer and Kristel Sánchez on “Ciencia para el Pueblo: Movimiento radical de la comunidad científica”. Ciencia para el Pueblo – México
- Cliff Conner on “Innovation for What?” based on his forthcoming book The Tragedy of American Science. Thursday, June 4 at 1:00 PM EDT. Center for Innovation in the Design and Construction Industries.